Folding in preview

** +1 Windows 10 **
Thanks for awesome app

2 Likes

Yes, much needed to navigate in a large document. A hotkey to fold all the headings at once will be a bonus.

4 Likes

Very needed feature, indeed.
+1 mac user here

3 Likes

+1 for Mac. I have some long entries and it would be great to shorten them if I’m bouncing up and down between sections.

2 Likes

I’d also love to see this added to the WYSIWYG mode. Imagine Typora with folding lol

1 Like

Me too. Also allowing to save the folded state if you leave and come back, as asked for in this request: Folding in Preview too

6 Likes

Please. Also would be nice in the eventual WYSIWYM mode.

1 Like

I hope the devs have noticed this feature request because this is a simple but an essential feature.

1 Like

+1 Windows. Much needed. Also it would be great if the toggle feature stays toggled when you visit another file and then come back.

1 Like

The folding in WriteMonkey is wonderful (can fold any selection). I’ve always wanted wysiwyg as a feature, but I love WriteMonkey despite it barely having preview. Though that’s not just about the folding.

I support the support of this feature!

1 Like

yes,it will be really helpful

Yes would be awesome. I use obsidian to sometimes quickly present stuff on video calls and it would be nice to fold some contents while doing so. Would also love to fold headings for better readability.

+1

+1 We really need it )

1 Like

+1 yes, please!

1 Like

+1. Windows. And would be great if it works in WYSIWYG mode.

+1! I also find it odd that “Find in File” doesn’t work in Preview, and that Preview also can’t highlight individual lines when you click to them from the search. You have to be in Edit to get to these features, but when I’m looking through my notes I prefer to be in Preview.

Another +1 … would be quite nice

These folks call it out as a key weakness …

Just downloaded, and what an amazing tool! Thank you!

4 Likes

I’m not entirely sure adding features to preview should be a priority when wysiwyg is on the horizon.

1 Like

On the horizon? It’s on their roadmap but it’s in the long-term section, and I doubt that they are currently working on it. It would be great to have folding working in preview until WYSIWYG editor is ready, since it’s a very important feature for a lot of people.

3 Likes