Folder Graph View

Hi there, I’ve been trying out Obsidian for the past week, and I’d like to suggest the idea of a toggle-able view between the already existing Graph View and a Folder Graph View.

To show a simple example, here’s a second brain folder I started this week viewed through Gource, which shows git commits through an animation. This view shows each folder as a line, and shows the files located in that folder as a dot:

19 Likes

You should post this in plugins or feature request

@lizardmenfromspace Done, honestly thought I had, thanks for pointing that out :slight_smile:

Thanks! Since this one already had some momentum in the form of :purple_heart:’s I moved it to #feature-requests and deleted the new one.

@ryanjamurphy Thank you :slight_smile:

I think this would be really useful for those of us who use folders to organize our markdown notes.

3 Likes

Totally agree with you there, it is the missing feature for me and sometimes I like to know files by association in folder structure / context without having to create links or tags in the markdown itself.

How about this request?

this would be really cool, espcially together with the foldernotes request.

Hi! I had the same problem, therefore I developed a kind-a-workaround solution: All of my folders and subfolders has an index file, which just contains links to the notes of the given folder. And I developed a tiny program that works as a daemon and keeps these index files updated if I create a new file, delete one, or move a file to another folder.
I plan to reimplement it as an Obsidian plugin, but until that time, feel free the give it a try, here it is: https://github.com/akosbalasko/zoottelkeeper

I second this and would like to see this as an option under the graph setting. Something like “Display Folder/child links” option.

1 Like