Fold arrow options

Is it possible to always show the fold arrow?

Why? I keep a few folders that are informal in format and would like to always see the fold arrow whether open or closed.

I’ve read that this feature has had some history, so it may be a common request to always see it. Hide Obsidian's fold marker · GitHub

You mention folders. Do you mean in the Files list (usually in the left sidebar)? The default theme and Minimal both display the chevron > for all open or closed folders. If you can’t see it, it could be your theme.

If you mean the > for headings and lists within your notes, this should always display them:

.markdown-source-view.mod-cm6 .cm-fold-indicator .collapse-indicator {
    opacity: 1;
}
1 Like

fold arrow
I just was wondering if the fold arrow can be shown as always on.
Theme is the ‘Obsidian gruvbox’

What do you mean by always on? Always visible? Always expanded?

Yes, always expanded so they are visible whether folded or not.
fold arrow

OK. Try the snippet I posted above and see if that does what you want.

Will do that. Thanks for your patience with my terminology.

No problem. I hope that’s it.

Save it to a .css file (any name is fine) in .obsidian/snippets/ and turn it on at the bottom in Settings>Appearance

Thanks, sorry for the confusion. I have ‘Folder focus Mode’ plugin for my vault.
Will give your CSS file a try…this is all very new to me.

Progress stuck at this point. Hopefully you can follow my path in this picture.
So, what do I do now?
I’ve accessed through the ‘gear’ to ‘Appearance’ then ‘CSS snippets’ ‘folder’ icon on far right. Copied your code to ‘Notebook’ …then I get confused at how to put that code into ‘obsidian.css’

If that obsidian.css file is the one you have open in Notepad and contains only that css, you should be good to go.

You just need to toggle it on. If it’s not there, you may need to press the reload (circle with arrows) button.

Success! Thank you, I didn’t realize I was so close.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.