Finding common links between 2 or more notes using graph view

Sorry if this is obvious or easy. Thank you for your help:)

Things I have tried

I’ve tried playing with filters and groups in graphs but I can’t get it to give me what I’m after.

I’ve tried googling and searching on youtube and in this forum, but can’t for the life of me figure it out. (I may just be using the wrong search terms… I’m fairly new to this).

What I’m trying to do

I guess I’m trying to create a local graph but from more than one note at the same time.

For example, I have a whole lot of notes connected to an “HIV” note and a whole lot of notes connected to an “Australia” note. (I guess these are MOC or hub notes…)

I’d like to be able to create a graph that:

• Shows everything linked to both Australia AND HIV
  • Show everything linked to Australia OR HIV so I can find potential missing connections
1 Like

I’ve not tried this, but how would it look if you created a dummy note with those two links, and then did a local graph with increasing depth as you see fit?

I don’t use the graph, but in search I think these would work:

• Links to both: [[Australia]] [[HIV]]
  • Links to either but not the other:
    • ([[Australia]] -[[HIV]]) OR ([[HIV]] -[[Australia]])

If you use aliases or one-off display text for your links, you’ll need a little more complication but it’s still doable.

Oh yeah, that seems to be a pretty good work around! Thanks :slight_smile:

Perfect - thank you! (That was almost certainly going to be the next thing I tried to figure out!)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.