Find and replace links across all files in a vault

@aegiswiz thanks for your feedback

Yes, I realized that the words in cache also gets picked up. However, VScode still gives you options to exclude files so I could still manage it.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Yes, I agree with you. My question was poorly written. I have heard (read) others talking about Unlinked Mentions and I have always thought that they could be really useful. But, as you pointed out, with file names using dates or unique identifiers they will never be linked up. Or, I suppose I could write a sentence and casually slip in 202009190830 so I get an unmentioned link hit. But doesn’t that mean I have actually mentioned it?

Your comment about looking at body content as well as titles sounds great!

Thanks a lot for the solution!

This is a genius solution, thank you! great for renaming tags as well!

Hi I have tested it with Editpad Pro 8 on more then 2000 notes and it can open a directory (your vault) and all subdiretories and all notes at ones. Then you can do a global replace of your tag in all files. You can also do “Save all files” and your are done in 5 minutes.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh @akaalias you are a lifesaver!! I just imported from Roam and had used a : to delineate hundreds of files. Your method allowed me to switch everything to a - and my Obsidian is so happy.!

Thanks again

Hello,
I am trying to do a massive “find a replace” to link my scripture references between each other. I am transferring my files from OneNote. Any coders out there that could help me with this? I could use Atom.io, what I need to do is to find “word” and replace with “[[word]]” Do I replace the replace with “[[*]]”?

Another situation I have is something like “Genesis 1.1” with “[[Genesis 1.1]]” - how do I “wildcard” the number system so that it will replace that format? Regardless of number length? (i.e. [[Genesis 10.10]] or [[Psalm 119.101]])?

Awesome!
Thank you very much .

Brilliant! I’ve made the same but with VS Code

Thanks! Helped a lot.