Filter files to publish with query

Use case or problem

Some private file I don’t want to publish, but for now I must to unselect that manually, this is error-prone and inconvenient.

Proposed solution

Filter files to publish with query (for example -tag:private mean files with #private tag will not be selected)

Current workaround (optional)

I created a private directory, but some files in this directory should be placed to other directory (for example: math directory and math test scrore)

8 Likes

Conversely, only publish notes that have a tag of #publish or similar.

This seems preferable as a note is never published until the user explicitly tags the note as publishable.

This could grow into an entire set of features over time, e.g. compound filters that publish notes matching a tags in the set {…} [AND|OR] notes in a specific set of folders, etc.

4 Likes

Tags work for markdown files but not attachments.

2 Likes

I find that currently, Obsidian still doesn’t support filtering notes for publishing based on tags, such as publish and #private.

My method of organizing and managing notes involves using MOCs and tags, rather than categories (except attachments). However, Obsidian Publish currently only allows filtering of files to be published based on categories, which doesn’t meet my needs.

I would definitely pay for the publishing capability if it were available. I hope the developers can implement this feature.