Feedback on UI Changes in Obsidian 1.6.3 - The Settings Button Relocation

Hello Obsidian Community,
I am a long-time user of Obsidian and have been consistently impressed by the quality and functionality of the software. The developers have done a fantastic job in creating a versatile note-taking and knowledge management tool that has become an integral part of my workflow.

With the release of version 1.6.3, I noticed a change in the user interface that I believe could be reconsidered. The settings button, which was previously located in the bottom left corner, has now been moved to the folder bar. While I understand the desire to innovate and improve the user experience, I feel that this particular change may not align with the best practices of user interface design.

In UI design, it is generally recommended to group similar functionality together. The settings button, which is a control element for accessing and adjusting the application’s configuration, would be more logically placed in the toolbar area, alongside other similar control elements. This would maintain a consistent and intuitive user experience, allowing users to quickly and easily access the settings without having to navigate to a different part of the screen.

I appreciate the hard work and dedication of the Obsidian team and I am confident that your commitment to user feedback will lead to a continued improvement of the software. I hope that this feedback can be taken into consideration for future updates.

Thank you for creating such a fantastic tool and for being open to the community’s input.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please restore the location of the Settings and Help buttons