[ ] Android
Obsidian Mobile version: v1.1.0
Hi, I am using the iPad version of the app with external keyboard, on iPad Air.
A problem I am having is that when I start to type, a black block will suddenly appear at the bottom of the screen. I am not too sure if this is a bug or a feature. There is no such problem if you don’t use an external keyboard.
- I can drag the ‘A’ button away, then the black block will disappear, and then if I type again, no such block will appear;
- However, if say I open the left-panel, then go back to type, the block will appear again;
- Moreover, if I open the left-panel when the block is there, the left-panel will ‘jump’. (So that sometimes if I click to fast, I will mistakenly click ‘open vault’ button instead of the setting button.)
In my understanding that black block is here because of the iPad’s (virtual) keyboard for autocompletion and voice input, etc.; or perhaps it is here to lift the main interface so we can touch the mobile toolbar.
Either way it could have a little improvement:
- I tried several different text/markdown apps on iPad, including Craft, Notion, Ulysses, iAwriter, etc., in their case whenever I start to type, the iPad virtual keyboard will automatically minimize, and there will be no black block appear at the bottom;
- Some of the apps I mentioned also have toolbars at the bottom, in their cases, the buttons are indeed lifted a little, but not that much; also, the background color is consistent. For example:
It is not really a huge problem, but it is a bit annoying. If it is possible, could we have this black block removed? Change the color so that it has the same color with the toolbar will also work. Cheers.