[Feature] iPad - Black block at bottom of the screen

Platform

[x] iOS
[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.1.0

Hi, I am using the iPad version of the app with external keyboard, on iPad Air.

A problem I am having is that when I start to type, a black block will suddenly appear at the bottom of the screen. I am not too sure if this is a bug or a feature. There is no such problem if you don’t use an external keyboard.

1. I can drag the ‘A’ button away, then the black block will disappear, and then if I type again, no such block will appear;
    RPReplay_Final1642818720-3
  2. However, if say I open the left-panel, then go back to type, the block will appear again;
  3. Moreover, if I open the left-panel when the block is there, the left-panel will ‘jump’. (So that sometimes if I click to fast, I will mistakenly click ‘open vault’ button instead of the setting button.)
    RPReplay_Final1642818720

In my understanding that black block is here because of the iPad’s (virtual) keyboard for autocompletion and voice input, etc.; or perhaps it is here to lift the main interface so we can touch the mobile toolbar.

Either way it could have a little improvement:

1. I tried several different text/markdown apps on iPad, including Craft, Notion, Ulysses, iAwriter, etc., in their case whenever I start to type, the iPad virtual keyboard will automatically minimize, and there will be no black block appear at the bottom;
  2. Some of the apps I mentioned also have toolbars at the bottom, in their cases, the buttons are indeed lifted a little, but not that much; also, the background color is consistent. For example:

It is not really a huge problem, but it is a bit annoying. If it is possible, could we have this black block removed? Change the color so that it has the same color with the toolbar will also work. Cheers.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Bug] Black bar at bottom of window when activating Edit mode