Extract Url Plugin. 0.7. Linked documents, media support and grab urls from the clipboard

Available in the community plugin list. Source code here GitHub - trashhalo/obsidian-extract-url: Plugin to extract markdown out of urls Extract Url is a plugin that try’s to transform external links into usable markdown in obsidian.

It operates in 3 ways

• Selection. Select an url and execute the commands
  • Linked documents (NEW). Add a link: element to the front matter to link a document to an external source. Commands will now respect this and selection no longer required.
  • Clipboard (NEW, 0.7+). Pull the copied link from your clipboard and dump its content into your current document at the cursor.

Link support

When I originally launched this plugin it focused on transforming long form written content into markdown. With version 0.6+ I now support dynamic media through oembed extraction. This means sites like twitter, youtube, vimeo, facebook etc can now be extract in a way that lets you engage with the content in your obsidian journal.

This is an example of me creating a linked document using frontmatter linking it to a youtube video.

This is an example of me creating a linked document using frontmatter linking it to a tweet I want to save.

This is an example of using selection to grab giphy content correctly embedding it in my page.

This is an example of me using the clipboard support to embed content from kickstarter into my obsidian vault.

4 Likes