Use case or problem

Take this note for example:

# A
## B
## C

When I extract ## C, I got

(file name)C
## C

I think the ## C is extremely redundant because, well, it’s already in the file name. Why would I want to see “C” two times? I cannot speak for everyone, but for me, It is simply annoying to see that redundancy everytime I embed this page.
(I am curious if anyone find the current behavior useful. If you do, please shed some light for me.)

Proposed solution

Add an option in note composer to automatically remove the heading line when using “extract this heading” command.

Current workaround (optional)

Manually delete it.

Related feature requests (optional)

update-header-indent-when-extracting-notes

4 Likes

I guess this is because there is no reason you have to use the same name in the new note. I’m not 100% familiar with the Extract this heading command, but it seems like after you trigger it, you are free to choose an existing note too, or any arbitrary new name, which might have a completely unrelated title.

Ahh I can see now it is useful for some workflow, but that’s why I proposed it to be added as an optional function.

But with the v1.0.0 release, it is even more redundant… Because now note title is set to appear in-text by default. Not only when I embed, now everytime I open these files I see exactly same duplicates of the title. Real annoyance.

1 Like

“When using ‘extract this heading’, do not include the heading line if a new note is created with the same name.” would be a more accurate option I think.

1 Like

Would highly appreciate this change!
This would make the workflow smoother!

I too have this issue. It is especially irritating when embedding a note using the embedded preview ![], where both the note name and the headline (which is the same) will be displayed.

Alternatively, is there a way to change how an embedded preview is shown? I.e. without the file name? Couldn’t find it.