Embedded PDFs covering text on my Publish site

Things I have tried

I’ve done a thorough search on Google, in this Forum and on Discord and can’t find any reference or solution to the problem I’m having. I even tried reaching out to another Obsidian user who’s embedded PDF was rendering correctly on their Publish site, but I haven’t heard back.

What I’m trying to do

I have some notes with embedded PDFs. They work just fine inside of my Obsidian vault. However, when I publish them, the embedded PDF reader renders at the very top of the page, covering the Title and the paragraph of text that comes before the PDF. You just see a flash of the text before the page fully loads. Can anyone suggest how I might fix this?

Here are screenshots of what it looks like before it’s fully loaded and afterwards. You can see it for yourself on this note from my Publish site - Advice and Counsel on EU Design - Gina Marie's Brain Forest

1 Like

I have the same problem with an iFrame (so also an embed)

I stumbled across a fix - a small edit in publish.css. In the code below I had to change position: from “absolute” to “relative”. I hope this might help someone else.

iframe {
position: relative;
top: 0;
left: 0;
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
border: 0;
border-radius: 10px;
box-shadow: var(–shadow);
border-right: 0.5px solid #88888888;
border-bottom: 0.5px solid #88888888;
}

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.