Embedded page formatting is different then the original

What I’m trying to do

I’ve embedded a page into another but its formatting is different than the original page.
In particular it adds extra spaces under the titles and paragrphs

Also the colors of the code blocks are not visibles

Things I have tried

I have disabled all community plugins (restricted mode ON) and activated the default theme still the problem persists.

As you can see from the image, the original content is on the right and the embedded version on the left

Is this as intended or do I have to modify some css classes somehow?

If you switch your original note to Reading View, you’ll get an approximation of what it will look like in an ![[embed]], a PDF export, etc. So, yes, it’s intended.

I’m not sure what’s going on with the code block color # comment - it could be your theme or custom CSS giving the comment an orange color - but Editing view and Reading view use different syntax highlighting.

If you want the embed to match your original note, you’ll need CSS to take care of the paragraph and heading spacing, etc.

Thanks for your reply,
I have disabled all css snippets and using the default theme.

By disabling the css snippets it fixed the code highlight (now nothing is orange)

And I’ve understood that the embedded pages are rendered in view mode even if the containing page is in edit mode :+1:

By switching the original embedded page in view mode shows the two versions are aligned.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.