Embedded images in notes not loading after restarting obsidian

Steps to reproduce

Images were displaying properly for the entire day before. I changed the name of the obsidian vault I was editing, and was still able to open it correctly. Now when entering the attachments folder and clicking on one of the images, there is a small icon of a crossed-through image displayed in place of the image. Even with newly imported images I get the same result, and within notes where the image was embedded a small square with the name of the image file appears.

Included are a screenshot of an image in the attachments folder, a screenshot of the same image embedded in a note and the actual raw image.

Expected result

The images to load? I am using .png and .jpg files, which are supported and were working beforehand.

Actual result

The images did not load.

Environment

• Operating system: Arch Linux x64/86
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.13.19
    Installer version: v0.13.19
    Login status: not logged in
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

How did you move the vault?

Do they appear in preview?

I did not move the location of the vault, but I renamed it. I’m not sure exactly what you mean by preview, but when I view the attachments folder from within obsidian and open an image it shows a missing image icon (see image below).https://forum.obsidian.md/uploads/default/optimized/3X/e/0/e00e4bae53ea9135caa2fdb4088cd9d9957ddd33_2_690x387.png

maybe “AS/A Level” is bad name.

I will remove the / and see if that changes anything.

Edit:
Yes it seems to be working now. I thought it was fine to have names containing /, because it is supported by my filesystem, but I am guessing that obsidian parses the directory using the DOS filesystem standard.

I don’t think linux supports using / in directory unless the character is escaped or something.

Well it seemed to work fine as a folder, maybe the actual folder name was different from what was being displayed.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.