Emacs bindings in the editor

+1

Has anyone tried implementing emacs-style cut/yank in a plug-in? Seems like it would only require ops ‘copy paragraph to clipboard’, ‘cut paragraph’, and ‘paste’ - are these not possible?

+1
i’m using inkdrop and pay for it because obsidian doesn’t. I’d definitely switch if it did

Brand new Obsidian user & longtime Emacs user. Definitely interested in something like this! Currently unbinding hotkeys that are mapped to things that I just can’t shake (C-p, C-n, etc). Being able to Mark + highlight, yank/paste would be amazing.

It doesn’t seem like it. If I don’t hear any progress in the next couple months, I will most likely take this challenge on this summer as a community plugin.

1 Like

I have created a plugin called Kill and yank, which was recently approved and is now available as a community plugin, if you would like to use it.

Jan-20-2023 01-21-09

2 Likes

+1 yet another emacs user who spends too much time undo’ing the negative effects of typing emacs bindings while in obsidian. Note - this browser seems to support more bindings than obsidian given how much correction was needed to type this…

+1 yup. If vscode can do it, then obsidian can do it too. Until then, I’ll probably have to stay in emacs org-mode.

Thanks. It’s a start.