Some people asked about what plugins I use, so, here’s my current list of plugins that I use, as of 2021-08-06 (and why for each) —
- auto link title saves me a ton of time when I’m dumping something I just read into an “external references” section of a page or into my daily notes fleeting note section.
- Better word count I need because it helps me make sure I’m not going over on wordcount for a particular section, like if I’m drafting a tweet or flash fiction that needs to stay under a certain wordcount, but there’s other stuff in the file.
- Block Reference Counter because it helps me evaluate whether a section should get broken out into its own atomic note.
- Calendar because it’s great for tracking fleeting notes.
- Dataview is amazing for helping me manage my articles and stories at a glance.
- Dictionary is surprisingly handy for helping me draft tweets and avoid repetition.
- Kindle Highlights is amazing for importing annotations from ebooks.
- Maximise Active Pane I don’t use often but I’m always grateful for it when I need it.
- NoteTweet changed my life I love writing twitter threads with it.
- QuickAdd and the zettelizer are so incredible I basically did half a video interview about how much I love it.
- Recent Files is great when I just had something open and can’t remember the title.
- Show Current File Path helps me orient myself in my vault.
- Smart Typography saves me a bunch of trouble with quotation marks.
- Shuffle is incredible at getting my creative juices flowing.
- Text Format is really nice for fixing janky copy/pasted stuff.
- Zoottelkeeper helps keep my graph view from driving me nuts.
There are others I have my eye on and just haven’t figured out.