Effective use of screen real estate

When I use Obsidian on large screens, the amount of screen real estate wasted in padding is more than half the screen width. I would rather use that space for actual note taking than give it to padding to keep things nicely centered.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of the padding, so if this is changed let’s make it just optional.

What did you plan to do with all the extra space once these two notes are compressed to one side? Or, do you mean you want note wrapping to be wider (or, not at all)?

I love the padding too, its super useful keeping things nice and consistent. My request is to probably make the text-width dynamic. Right now its set to a static size of 72 characters. So when i use obsidian in my 32" screen i still can only see 72 characters in a line.

1 Like

I agree with the request. When I’m writing notes with a lot of long sentences it feels almost like writing a novel on the phone screen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s called readable line lenght and there is already an option in the settings to turn it on and off.

1 Like

72 is at the upper end of the normal range for number of characters on a line in a book.