Today I got 0.8.1 and in my experience, the app is slightly less quicker than earlier (0.8.0).
To make that more concrete:
- It feels like there’s more typing lag (keystrokes aren’t recorded as quickly when typing text).
- Sometimes scrolling small notes (< 250 words) isn’t smooth, like Obsidian didn’t load the full content yet. It of course did, but there’s a small pause in scrolling, like its “loading” or something.
Compared to 0.8.0, these things remained the same for me:
- Start up time.
- File opening time.
- File creation time.
To me it seems that the input response is a bit worse on 0.8.1 compared to 0.8.0. It seems that other aspects of performance remained the same.
But this is of course hard to measure! So I was wondering:
- Do other people also have the idea the app is a little less snappy than before?
- Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit.
- Obsidian version: 0.8.1.
- I restarted Obsidian several times today to see if that made a difference, but it didn’t.
- My computer is the same as yesterday when I was still on 0.8.0.
- I only added 3 new notes so far today, so my Vault hasn’t exploded in size today.