Duplicate files created on save

Once you’ve done the above, delete everything above this line.

Steps to reproduce

Create new vault using Obsidian for Mac
Locate vault on a Microsoft OneDrive share (its for work notes and we use OneDrive)
Create new note
As I type, I believe auto-save is kickign in and a brand new note gets created with the same title but with my machine name appended.
This continues so I’m left with multiple files for the same note with one extra copy of the machine name appended.

Sync is off.

Expected result

No duplicate files are created. As I edit a note autosave does not create new files, only saves the file being edited with the same name.

Actual result

Environment

• Operating system:

Mac

• Debug info:

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.1.9
Installer version: v1.1.9
Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 22.2.0: Fri Nov 11 02:03:51 PST 2022; root:xnu-8792.61.2~4/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000 22.2.0
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

Can you test in a vault that’s not in OneDrive? Sounds like a possible sync issue.

1 Like

I’m moving this to Help because we can’t really accept bug reports based on 3rd party sync tools. Obsidian isn’t the one changing the file names.

This would likely be more of an issue to report to Microsoft. But I’m moving it to Help in case anyone has workarounds or solutions.

2 Likes

I confirmed that ‘Vanilla’ vault locations on local MacOS drives work fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.