Drag from backlinks to note to drop a link into a note

It would be nice to be able to drag backlinks over to a note to quickly drop a link.

34 Likes

I’d like to add that it would be nice to extend this drag-to-create-a-link feature to work with any page title or link from either sidebar (file explorer), title bars, or even from graph view into an edit page.

And it might be nice if we could set an additional keyboard shortcut that would embed the link.

Just noting here that Ctrl-Drag = Copies Content already works within an Edit screen or from Preview to Edit. But from Preview to Edit, the results vary when dragging links. Depends on if you do a direct drag or a highlight then drag.

(discord Suggestion #1238)

10 Likes

I’d like to add, rather than drag-to-create. I think I’d rather be able use a keycommand + click and it would pop these links into the current document as a bullet list.

It sounds like this could be a plugin, and perhaps not necessarily part as a core feature. (Not sure at all how extensive the plugin api will be and what will be possible though).

6 Likes

I agree with @goodsignal about this being a more general feature to add links from anywhere notes are listed.

I created this feature request specifically to add links from search results:
https://forum.obsidian.md/t/add-link-from-search-results/3477

2 Likes

I have created a similar request for copying all links from the Backlinks and Tag pane to the clipboard here. I’ll revise it to suggest allowing for copying single links from Backlinks as well.

1 Like

Drag and drop from graph,ink two dot on graph

1 Like

The feature request here implies that the dragged link would be positioned where the mouse drops it or at the most recent position of the cursor in the open page.

@Gadwood, where do you propose links are added in the file if drag and drop were implemented in graph view?

I want this feature too!!

1 Like

The feature request here implies that the dragged link would be positioned where the mouse drops it or at the most recent position of the cursor in the open page.
@goodsignal

I would like to see it drop where the mouse lands. That is the current default drag and drop behavior in Windows and would provide the widest compatibility.

1 Like

push it ! Thanks.

Complementary request would allow to see how many backlinks remains to dragged in (i.e. paired).

Thing to consider: to which scope should the link be created?
Options:

• to note (filename)
  • to section (header)
  • to smallest surrounding block (list item, paragraph, …)

Will be implemented in v0.10.0

3 Likes

The link is created, but for the entire page instead, of a particular block, or heading :frowning:

@xidl It is likely worth new separate request: Precise linking with drag and drop - choose scope after drop