Drag and drop bullets, list items

Hi!

You can use my plugin Drag-n-Drop for blocks on Github.

Also it’s already available in plugin community list by name “Drag-n-Drop for blocks”.

It was inspired by Logseq drag-n-drop functionality for fast creation of embeds. If you drag-n-drop without modifiers it will create reference to the block, with Shift it will copy whole block.

If you drag inside the same note without modifiers - it will just rearrange blocks

demo

7 Likes

Not mobile compatible :frowning:

it doesnt work for me, I think there is a problem with new version of obsidian

2 Likes

This feature is really important to me as well. I’ve used the drag and drop blocks plugin before, and it was great, but it no longer works for me.

This would be an amazing feature for the Outliner plugin, or it could be built in, which would also be wonderful.

Same for me. I would really like having this feature but the plugin drag-n-drop does not seem to work for me. See Plugin not working at all for me, don't know why · Issue #35 · artem-barmin/obsidian-block-drag-n-drop · GitHub

Hello, you won’t maintain your plugin anymore?

This plugin in is no longer available in the community plugins. Is this something you are still maintaining?

This feature not being available makes me shy away from using Obsidian for quick-list-tasks, such as grocery shopping, because sorting lists is such a hassle.

+1. We need this!

Drag and drop of headings is possible in the outline. Renamed this FR.

1 Like

+1, we need this!

It’s not Allow moving items in list :frowning:

If its any help, the “Advanced Tables” plugin has assignable shortcuts for “move row up/down”. What I’m using for now.

This is the only feature I am missing form Logseq right now

Would like to put in my +1 for this feature as well. I switched to Obsidian as an alternative to Google Keep, and really missing the ability to easily move around checklist items such as a grocery or shopping list. Especially on a mobile device where editing is a little more difficult.

I’d like this as well. But maybe with keyboard support as well. Like in notepad++ of VSC.