Double clicking sentence in a list grabs entire line including list item marker

When double clicking a sentence while in any sort of a list (unordered, ordered, or task), in order to apply a format to it, the double click grabs the entire line, including the list item marker, and upon applying the format, it also formats the list item marker and breaks the live preview of that list item.

Steps to reproduce

• Double click sentence in any sort of a list (while also in live preview)
  • Apply formatting
  • Entire line, including list item marker, receives the formatting and breaks the live preview of that list item

Expected result

• Double clicking a sentence only highlights the words and not list item marker

Actual result

• Entire line, including list item marker, receives the formatting and breaks the live preview of that list item
  • Below are examples of behavior:
  • Upon applying the formatting, the list item marker also get the formatting
  • Full result breaks the live preview of the list:

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS Catalina
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.14.15
    Installer version: v0.14.15
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 19.6.0: Tue Jun 22 19:49:55 PDT 2021; root:xnu-6153.141.35~1/RELEASE_X86_64 19.6.0
    Login status: not logged in
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: Minimal
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Safe mode: off
    Plugins installed: 8
    Plugins enabled: 8
    1: Checklist
    2: Linter
    3: Outliner
    4: Minimal Theme Settings
    5: Style Settings
    6: Advanced Tables
    7: Cycle through Panes
    8: Obsidian Tabs
1 Like

Agreed. Also, it would be nice if when hitting “home” or whatever beginning-of-line key, it would go to the beginning of the text, not before the bullet.

Triple click is paragraph select. Is the bullet part of the paragraph?

I am not sure I agree with this. It’s matter of personal preference and it can go either way. I think it’s better you open a Feature Request.

By this same reasoning

## this title

should not select the ##

A separate FR should be opened for HOME.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. What I’m looking for is when you’re in Live Preview mode, is a triple click to select only the contents of the sentence and not the bullet (and while in source mode the triple click selects the entire line). In other markdown editors that have a similar WYSIWYG mode (Typora, Marktext), this is standard behavior. Obsidian is really nice with it’s community plugins, command pallette, graph view, etc. and this is the only blocker for me to switch to this tool. I’ll add this to the feature request too.

Please open a separate FR.