Does it exist: load on demand?

Use case or problem

I want obsidian to be used on multiple terminals, with the advantages of local loading and the security and convenience of the cloud.
Use one terminal as the server, when other terminals start and search for files, first look up the index locally:
If the index exists and matches the file, load it directly
If the index does not exist, report an error or create a file.
If the index exists, but there is no local cache, it is pulled from the server.

If the client file wants to be synchronized to the server, it must be operated through the obsidian application, and the modifications made directly in the file will not be synchronized. This ensures the security of the file and avoids accidental deletion.

The mode I mentioned, I think the name should be called: load on demand.
There is a network disk in China that achieves the effect I want, jianguoyun.
Of course, it does not work on obsidian, because if you want to achieve this effect, you must create a plug-in for obsidian so that obsidian can insert operations when starting and loading files.

So, is there such a plug-in now, but I don’t know the name? Or, has the relevant API been officially opened?

I am currently using syncthing for file synchronization, but it has several drawbacks:

1. When I moved a folder on a client, for this client, I just changed the path and did not actually move the file, so the hard disk is almost unburdened. However, for the remote syncthing, it needs to be deleted All the files in the local original path, and then pull the files in the new path from the client I currently use. This is a great waste of performance for all clients.
  2. If my mobile phone cleans up garbage and automatically deletes large files in obsidian, syncthing will automatically delete all terminals when syncing, and I have not been notified of all this, and may need to wait a long time later. It was only when the relevant files were found that they had been deleted long ago.
  3. All obsidian files are stored locally on all clients. This is a security risk. Not all devices are worth 100% trust. There may be some software that I have to use but I don’t trust. And I In fact, I don’t want to access all my obsidian files on such a device, but obviously obsidian files should be placed in a library as much as possible, which is a better management method for me, because I mainly use it to manage work and life. Various items and matters in the
    So I thought of such a file management solution.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.