Do images upload/work in Obsidian Publish?

See subject.

I don’t know if this is a bug or missing feature, but mine don’t seem to.

they do

00019_context is God - Obsidian Publish ← Online version

Compare to Obsidian vault:

it doesn’t look like the page you linked is the same as the page of the screenshot. Also you need to explicitly upload images too.

Ok. I expressly uploaded the image.

Then I re-uploaded the page.

Problem remains.

It is the same page. Why does it not look like it?

What I have noticed is that the first time I linked the image, the image remains in the vault even if I move it, even though the link should be “Broken”. But, just to be safe, I updated the link.

It isn’t clear that changing settings (such as using stacked pages) are not applied after uploading any page of the “site”. Either updates like that (removing toc / adding andy’s pages) should update the site (expected behavior), or it should be noted that changes to settings are not applied after first publish.

To me, this is a bug, which is why I thought it should be there.

I don’t see any image in that page, what is the markdown source?

I heard this long before I understood it.

It’s a layer deeper than “[[00018_Content is king]].”

Are people paying attention to you, or not?

Do they consider you an expert, or not?

Is the crowd quiet, or is it loud?

Are you on the town square or on stage or the White House?

You can whisper the tiniest message to the right person in the right context and start a war.

You can scream the greatest truths in a crowded subway station, and no one will hear or change.

Context is everything.

I am attempting to create a context for effective conversation in our society.

Ever seen the chart–will we have this discussion?

![[/images/discussion_yn.jpg]]

This was one attempt to frame the context of a discussion. It’s actually pretty brilliant. And yet, it is completely ignored in the wider internet.

Because, on the internet, as in real life, any argument in any conversation or discussion can go from “Here is my well-founded idea” to “you’re a DWEEB!” with no practical repercussions whatsoever–you may even be arguing with a bot–a lot of time can be wasted without coming to any useful results or insights or action.

I want to take it a step further. I want to have conversations with people who understand and agree structure our conversations and debates in a specific way

I’m happy to have my ideas tested. However, I am weary of ad-hominem attacks and other fallacies being used (and often accepted) in place of logic or quality rhetoric.

I want us to at least understand the basic principles of thought and logic before we begin diving into conversations about the issues that [[00011_making life more wonderful|make the world less wonderful]] for actual solutions.

The chart “Our discussion” is an image, not text.

![[/images/discussion_yn.jpg]]

this is not a link that obsidian generated. we never have leading /.

1 Like

Ok! Now it works – the / works in vault, but not online apparently…

BTW

One request for future publishers:
It isn’t clear that changing settings (such as using stacked pages) are not applied after uploading any page of the “site”. Either updates like that (removing toc / adding andy’s pages) should update the site (expected behavior), or it should be noted that changes to settings are not applied after first publish.

Thank you.

They are applied. The problems is that obsidian publish uses several caching mechanism for performance reasons and so it takes time for a change to propagate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.