Display list of backlinks in note

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

I would like to have a list of backlinks to a specific note displayed in the note as opposed to in the side pane.

5 Likes

Hi. I’m not very clear on what have u tried. Im gonna cover some of the basis first.

Core plugin has backlinks in document feature.

Assuming u already enabled core plugin Backlinks (since u can open in side panel), u can enable it via Settings > (under Plugin Options) Backlinks > Backlinks in document.

Dataview for backlinks to another note.

In case u want to find backlinks to a note but put it in another note, u can use dataview

List file.inlinks
From "path/to/file"
1 Like

If “backlinks in documents” is enabled, and you don’t see the backlinks, you can select the three dots for that note and “toggle backlinks in document”.

1 Like

Thanks, that works but I dont like that way mainly because I cant control were in the note it appears

1 Like

I travel a lot and keep notes on airbnbs and hotels so in this case I wanted to have a note per city and a note per lodging location that links to the city. So that in the city note I would have a list of locations. Does dataview have an alias for the current file? That way I would not need to update the path for each new city note?

For example
instead of

```dataview
List file.inlinks From "Springfield"

something like

```dataview
List file.inlinks From current.file

3 Likes

first off, i’m gonna tag this as #dataview so that more dataview experts has eyes on it (i use it sparingly). so i think this should work for your case.

```dataview
table without id file.inlinks
where file.name = this.file.name
```
12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.