Difference between Obsidian Forum and Obsidian Members Group

Things I have tried

Did a search. Could not find out what I needed.

What I’m trying to do

I’m a noob with Obsidian and need some advice. But first, I’m trying to figure out where to post questions - in this forum or in the Obsidian Members Group forum? What is the purpose of each forum? Where is the best place to post questions?

Thanks,

Dan.

This is from an interview with Licat one of the app’s founders:

Chat is more casual, fast paced, topics come and go, it’s like scrolling reddit

Forum is organized, transactional, and keeps more permanent records of bugs, features, and other discussions

They each serve their own purpose. Discord helps people find answers to their edge-case questions and quick question quickly.

Forum helps everyone keep track of bug reports and feature requests, helps us spot duplicates.

Quite some people are also on Discord just for their daily dose of social interactions. A lot of people share graphs, ideas, etc.

They each serve their own purpose. Discord helps people find answers to their edge-case questions and quick question quickly. Forum helps everyone keep track of bug reports and feature requests, helps us spot duplicates.

Generally for help questions I think the discord is better for quick help :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Dev_scribbles,

Thanks for the detailed response. I started at Discord, but found the stream-of-consciousness approach difficult to follow. I.e. Multiple conversations mixed together.

AgIn, thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Dan.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.