Delete a file that wasn't created?

Hi guys,

I accidentally created a file called “Form of Value 1: Product” and this file cannot be made due to the “:” character. This is still showing on my graph view and I’m trying to delete it. I’m not sure how to. Can anyone help me to delete the file on the graph view?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Screenshot 2022-03-20 at 12.11.47 PM

Screenshot 2022-03-20 at 12.12.13 PM

Is it an unmade file that’s linked from another note?

Search for the file name and see if it comes up in a note.

1 Like

Yes, I think it is unmade (cuz it’s still red). I created it using [[]], I then changed the filename but, the dot is still in the graph view.

I used cmd/shift/f but it doesn’t show up because it is unmade (still red on the graph view).

i believe what @austin is implying is that, the link [[invalid: file name]] is captured in other notes. cmd shift f should show that said link. example below

as u can see in my screenshot below, i have un-created “invalid: file name” but it should appear in “00 Home” where i have link captured as un-created link

unless u r saying even after searching for the text exactly, it still does not appear in search? next recourse is to do a reload obsidian (sometimes ppl forget that obsidian does file indexing that might need refreshing)

1 Like

Ah yep, got it deleted now. Thanks a lot

Cheers @efemkay @austin

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.