Currently evaluating switching to Obsidian from Notion.
Tried searching and I think my question is not a common one (?).
I want to use obsidian as a second brain, as well as to help with research and writing. Thus I will have countless of documents with references and links i them.
- I want to look something up and open a page.
- It will by default be edit mode, so I press cmd+e to get preview.
- I want cross-check some information and want to open some links on this page in different panes, so I click cmd+the links.
- they open up in in new panes BUT in edit mode – despite me being in preview mode.
- now to more easily read the documents I must for each document go and press cmd+e to get to the preview mode.
What I wish, is that the edit/preview mode follows whatever mode I have right now, so as to avoid having to manually toggle each thing I open for reading only. Since some times I will spend 90% time just looking things up, before I am ready to write anything.
Does my use case make sense?
Is this possible already and I am missing it?
Thanks in advance!