Dataview help requested (Formatting Query results)

Brilliant solution on the linked page does exactly what is required.
I just have formatting problems.

I’ve been experimenting with query without success.

Is it possible to add a numbered list, a bulleted list, arrow, or any other character of my choosing? (Since I am also using callout list)

I want my results to appear following way (bulleted)

• List item
  • Another List item
  • Yet Another List item

Currently they appear as following:
List item
Another List item
Yet Another List item

• You could read the DQL01, DQL03, DQL05 or DQL07 in the following topic.
    • The file.lists by example - Chapter 1 Solutions
  • You could read the DQL30 in the following topic.
    • The file.lists by example - Chapter 5 Solutions

Thank you!
I think I am still stumbling, as I progress I might request more help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pleas help me identify where I can make adjustments to this query to obtain bulleted points (query results are as expected other then the fact they are not bulleted)

TABLE WITHOUT ID rows.Lists.text As “My Topics”
FROM “Categorized”
WHERE file.lists
FLATTEN file.lists AS Lists
WHERE meta(Lists.section).subpath = “Summary”
GROUP BY file.link

Could it be as easy as changing TABLE to LIST? (Possibly you then need to take away the AS clause)

1 Like
  • Your original DQL with using groupBy once displays each item as a list item. In other words, the result are bulleted.
1 Like

I tried, but the outcome were exactly identical to those of the original query (No Difference at all)

Nopes, I get parsing error when I replaced/toyed with “List” instead of “Table”.

OSI layer 8 problem (me :slight_smile: )

@justdoitcc is right about the list items. I guess the issue is related with the theme (for example, I use Minimal and it removes the bullets in lists inside dataview tables columns).

As suggested by @holroy, if you don’t want the file.link, then you can use the LIST query. For the case you don’t need the group command. Try this:

LIST WITHOUT ID Lists.text 
FROM "Categorized"
WHERE file.lists  
FLATTEN file.lists AS Lists  
WHERE meta(Lists.section).subpath = "Summary"
1 Like

@mnvwvnm - your solution bailed me as usual. Thank you!!! (I was using the minimal theme; when I moved to the default theme, I saw bullets - but the new query worked in minimal mode as well.)

Even though I would like to select all helpful postings as the answer, the forum only allows for one. I value your assistance.
I am really grateful to all and cannot thank enough

:pray: :innocent: :man_bowing:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.