• Close the settings
  • Ensure the folder for current month does not exist
  • Click on “Open Today’s note”

Expected result

• Should be in the format configured
  • The required folder should be created

Actual result

• Is hard-coded as YYYY-MM-DD format
  • Nothing happens. No error either on the UI. The developer console shows Uncaught (in promise) Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/Users/aseem/take_away/roam_backup/2020/05/25.md'

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS Catalina
  • Obsidian version: 0.6.2
  • Using custom CSS: No

Additional information

2 Likes

Ah I should probably check for illegal characters. Thanks for the tip!

What? The folder needs to be created. You are not going to remove the ability to use things like [[2020/05/25]], are you?

Hmm interesting, never thought about it that way. I thought it was unintentional.

In that case I’ll move this to feature requests!

So the use case is that I am trying to have my todo manager inside obsidian itself. I write things in the daily notes and use backlinks to track todos of the day.

Now I look ahead a few days as there isn’t a calendar view currently. I am putting them in folder structure so that I can easily see next few days. I guess that should also help with performance when folders are collapsed. I have a journal going back 2010 spread across various apps which I am going to slowly move over. If I have it in flat structure then I guess at some point things will be a real hassle to move around as the file explorer would be completely useless.

1 Like

Got it, thanks for sharing! Regarding performance with file explorer, we have plans to optimize that at some point!

Hi, I was trying to add “sem” word to add week number:

Tu 9/Jun 2020 (sem 24)

but the format dd D/MM (\s\e\m w) seems to break the plugin in the way described before.