What are your best practices for Today’s Note?
I mean, after you have tested them for some decent months or years, what has proven to be:
A - USEFUL?
B - USELESS?
In terms of:
- CONTENTS. For example, what has been the most effective type of content being appropriate for Daily Notes, or vice versa?
- FORMAT. For example, is there a super easy way to check once a task has been done, using a checkbox or strikethrough options?
I think you mean Daily Note, right? For me I keep track of 3 things, which each get a heading.
- Meetings - scheduled meetings on my calendar, always take notes during or after the meeting
- Communications - phone calls mostly, but can also be ad hoc in person conversations, I will summarize the call in a sentence or two, if it is relating to a project, include a link to the project note
- Journal - In this section I write down progress on significant projects or tasks
At the end of the week, I review these daily notes and they always remind me of tasks I need to take care of in the following week. Also when I work on a project, I will look at the backlinks that will have a list of the days that I worked on this project because of the links in the 3 sections above.