Crisp text turns blurry (and stays blurry) after opening (and leaving) Graph View

Steps to reproduce

1. Open Obsidian (not to the Graph View).
  2. Observe the crispness of the text and icons.
  3. Switch to Graph View, preferably while looking directly at a piece of text, so as to catch it in the act of becoming blurry.
  4. Switch away from Graph view to a note, or anything else really, and see if the issue persists.

Expected result

When switching to Graph View, text should stay crisp, and even if it doesn’t, for some technical reason, switching away from Graph View should certainly restore the crispness.

Actual result

Blurriness persists until the program is restarted, as far as I can tell.

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • Debug info:

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v0.13.19
Installer version: v0.13.19
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: none
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: on
Base theme: light
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

Example Screenshots:

what’s your gpu?

what happens when you disable hardware accelleration settings>about

My GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.

Disabling hardware acceleration did in fact fix the issue, which is awesome. That being said, I imagine that it could lead to some noticeable performance issues in the future? I only began using Obsidian last night, and I haven’t yet constructed a vast set of notes. Using the Graph View with hundreds or thousands of notes and no hardware acceleration may lead to some choppiness right?

If it’s relevant my CPU is an Intel i5-7500.

Oh, and thanks for the speedy reply!

1060 is not an old card. Perhaps you have a driver problem

I use GeForce Experience to keep my drivers up to date, so that’s difficult to imagine. It’s quite mysterious.

I figured out the real cause of the issue! It was entirely on my end. I had FXAA on as the global default in the NVIDIA Control Panel. I guess that for some reason it didn’t kick in with regards to the text until the GPU was utilized for rendering the Graph View.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.