Creation date changes after moving the vault

I copied my Obsidian vault to another computer. But I noticed that all the notes got a new creation date, which is the date of copying them. This is totally natural in Windows systems.
However, now the creation date of all notes became later than their last modified dates. Which is not logical, and that’s what worries me. Will this have any bad consequences of any kind? and if so how to fix it?
Thaks in advance!

I don’t think this has anything to do with Obsidian, nor is it anything of concern. I found this on the web:

That isn’t unusual with copied files, when you copy a file the file’s created date becomes the modified date and the current date (when the file is copied) becomes the created date, copy any existing file on your computer and you will observe this behaviour.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-the-date-created-be-later-than-the-date/9e625c0d-8694-4c8e-8a27-3ce74687aa53

I’m noticing this. I think, in windows anyways, you have to move rather than copy. If you want to preserve create dates on copy I think you have to use a 3rd party copy tool: How to preserve file attributes when one copies files in Windows? - Super User

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.