I would like to create links like in the “Import Notes” note on Obsidian Help.
I’m interested in creating links similar to those in the “Import Notes” section of Obsidian Help. I’m intrigued by both the links that include icons and those without. Has anyone had experience with this? Would I need to set this up using CSS classes? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
You can find the source for the help docs here.
This file has been truncated.
- How to/Import data
- How to/Capture information
Apps come and go, but your data should last. Obsidian uses non-proprietary plain text Markdown files stored locally on your device. You have total control over your data, which means you can use Obsidian offline and switch to another app easily if you ever need to.
## Import from other apps and file formats
- <span class="icon-app icon-notion"></span> [[Import from Notion|Notion]]
- <span class="icon-app icon-roam"></span> [[Import from Roam Research|Roam Research]]
- <span class="icon-app icon-onenote"></span> [[Import from Microsoft OneNote|Microsoft OneNote]]
- <span class="icon-app icon-evernote"></span> [[Import from Evernote|Evernote]]
- <span class="icon-app icon-apple-notes"></span> [[Import from Apple Notes|Apple Notes]]
- <span class="icon-app icon-google-keep"></span> [[Import from Google Keep|Google Keep]]
- <span class="icon-app icon-bear"></span> [[Import from Bear|Bear]]
- <span class="icon-app icon-html"></span> [[Import HTML files|HTML files]]
And I don’t know, but I suspect that the links are formatted with CSS. You can see the span classes in the code. The text seems pretty straightforward. So you could inspect the CSS code to find how they did that styling.
Maybe someone has a clearer answer.
Alternatively, Minimal lets us do that without manually coding CSS, although the Obsidian Help site seems not to be using Minimal. Just add
cards to the
cssclasses property of your note.
I’m currently using the Minimal Theme. With the Github link you shared, I was able to find the CSS classes in the publish.css. Thank you.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.