Crashing

I love Obsidian but its getting really frustrating to deal with because on my computer Obsidian constantly crashes. Every five minutes or so, the screen goes gray. It’s never anything specific or consistent that I’m doing to cause it. Still crashes. I am still constantly having to “force reload” and when I do that, I often lose the last edit I made.

I’ve deleted plug-ins, changed themes, deleted big documents, etc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.

I have a macbook pro 2018 and am running Big Sur 11.5. I looked at the Console in the inspector and below is what it shows me - this is after two crashes.

I am dying to know if there’s something I can do, or whether there’s any explanation for this. In fact, at this point, I’d love to know if anyone else has seen this behavior.

Turn off all plugins then enable one at a time until the problem reappears.

did it. it happened when i didn’t have any plugins.

Isn’t dataview a plug-in? Looks like it’s still enabled.

i’m saying that i did that before and this still happened, still got the same warning. have reenabled now bc it makes no difference either way

hmm, given this and your other disappearing document problem: What directory is your vault located in?

@jdr dataview is still enabled on the screenshot you shared. Could you please turn on safe mode, and check the console again?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.