Correcting backlink when 'merging' vault to another vault

I’m trying to move the content that I make from vault A to vault B. The problem is some of the content in vault A have the same file name with vault B so it produce incorrect backlink.

For example, if I have Vault A & Vault B like this :

Vault A
|_ daily-notes
    |_2021-05-11.md
|_other-contents...

Vault B
|_ daily-notes
     |_2021-05-11.md
|_other-contents...

and I want to move it to Vault B as a folder :

Vault B
|_daily-notes
   |_2021-05-11.md
|_Vault A
    |_daily-notes
        |_2021-05-11.md
    |_other-contents
|_other-contents

Some of the file that contains link [[2021-05-11] will refer to the Vault B one, while the Vault A need to be referred as [[Vault A/daily-notes/2021-05-11]]. But the problem is when I just move it directly from file system it can not change the link path.

Is there a way for the file that we merge/import from other vault automatically updates so it does not break the original backlink?

Edit :
I found that I can change link format in File & Links > New Link Format and change it to relative path instead of shortest path. It’s nice that it can solve this problems if I want to merge another vault in the future, but I wonder if there’re ways to :

• Change all link that already exist in the vault into the relative path format
  • Display the text using the filename automatically, so instead of [[../daily-notes/2021-05-11]], it can automatically format it to [[../daily-notes/2021-05-11|2021-05-11]] since I don’t like to see entire path of the file when reading it if possible…
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.