Copy image in note

Currently, either right-click on an image in “Preview pane” or right-click on an image name in “Edit pane”, I can’t copy that image directly.

If I select that image in “Edit pane” and use Ctrl/Cmd+C , then paste into another application, it shows something like this: ![imageName.png](blob:app:whatwhatwhat/random-string-like-a-uuid) .

It would be helpful when I right-click an image, an option like “Copy Image to Clipboard” shows up in the right-click-menu.

12 Likes

Agree. I have been using Obsidian for a month, and this is the only missing feature for me. It would be great if we can right click on the image in the preview pane and choose “Copy”/“Copy file name”/“Reveal in Explorer” etc.

5 Likes

This is a major issue for me. I need to be able to copy a document along with all the images in it, or at the very least, to be able right click and image to copy it

Is it possible to copy/paste images in Obsidian? I like the feature in Typora.

Hi @raj I moved this to an existing thread. Please use the forum’s search.

Pasting images works just fine. It copies the file into a folder in your vault. You can configure where in settings -> File -> Attachment folder path.

You can’t (yet, as far as I know) copy images, to paste them in other locations or apps.

1 Like

I would like to see this feature too. I’m preparing report in Obsidian, locally collecting my knowledge base and later copy stuff to confluence. all works fine except images. I have to find and copy every of them by hand. That is annoying :slight_smile: