Copy image from a note

+1 really hope this feature makes the cut!

1 Like

+1 — I’m finding the workaround impossible to do smoothly at the moment, and i’m sure there’s many users who constantly have to use screenshots/ create docs with embedded images that they need to copy paste elsewhere as needed

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I love the way that Obsidian handles images and thus images have become a super important part of my work flow. I am currently using applications like Greenshot, PicPick to help highlight algorithms and such. So I would use this feature so often.

Currently my work around is to set up hotkeys and open images in an external viewer

• ctrl shift enter = open current file in new window
  • ctrl shift O = open current file in external program
  • copy image from external program

Feature Request/ Solution

• It would be lovely to be able to right-click on image in both preview and editor mode and be able to select an option “copy image to clipboard”
3 Likes

ugly hack of a solution, for anyone who wants to try

3 Likes

Ozan’s Image in Editor Plugin has this for local images in edit mode.

1 Like

The PR I submitted to add right click → copy image functionality to NomarCub’s plugin has just been merged. :tada:

Just letting the watchers of this thread know. Check it out in v1.1.0 here or via the in-app community plugins area.

4 Likes

+1 waiting for the solution. It will be the main issue if I concern Obsidian as my main Note-Taking App.

1 Like

@timcsy what are you waiting for? You can download the latest version of the plugin which implements the copy image function…

Plus one on that. I often need to paste image from the doc to slack/discord/telegram/jira/etc.
Would we really useful to have right-click menu on image working or a button to copy image to the buffer (like we have for code blocks)

Current workaround (is not applicable in all cases) make a screenshot of the image in preview mode

Would be awesome to have it. Thank you in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Works perfectly, thank you!

I added a comment here regarding the use of the Pandocs plugin to be able to export a note and be able to copy multiple images directly. If anyone knows how to concatenate paths to images, please check at the plugin so that the new links format setting is not messed up and old notes are not modified.

Thank @luckman212 implement this feature, it perfectly solved the issue, and let me paste the screenshot of it.

11 Likes

Thanks to @luckman212 and NormarCub! The plugin is great but is there a way to copy the whole note and all images? My workflow involves taking a lot of screenshots and pasting them into a note, then copying most or all of the note into an email.

Before I had to screenshot the images one by one and this helps a lot, but it would still be nicer to just select multiple lines of text with multiple images then paste into Outlook.

1 Like

You can use the built-in export to PDF feature of Obsidian. There are a lot of threads about exporting notes in general, you might want to check the forum. There are Obsidian Publish alternatives, tools like Pandoc for local markdown exporting, and more, none of them perfect. There are plugins to make the process smoother, but I can’t vouch for them.

If someone wants to, they can implement an image-specific solution in my plugin, I won’t myself.

I want to copy image to clipboard on Windows in Edit or View mode but only text get copied.

Right-click on image?

Hi @dibu please search and use the template before making a new FR. Check above in this thread for a plugin workaround. (I haven’t tested it personally.)

Thank you so much for your effort! It make my day more easier.

1 Like

Pleas use the obsidian-image-toolkit plugin

1 Like

+1, hope that images(instead of their links) will be copied in reading mode.

Firtst, my thanks to all the workarounds provided, but I often draft mails or posts in Obsidian( which has words and images). When I copy these drafts, I still have to manually insert all images, which is annoying.

I can see that in live preview, images exist as text. But in reading mode, the image should be rendered like in a browser. ( and thus should be able to be copied.)