Convert from/to HackMD

Recently I’ve tried HackMD and think I can build a workflow for a more online-adaptive experience with my illustrated notes locally. I found that some syntax or formats HackMD has are not supported by Obsidian yet, such as :bulb: that would show an emoji of a bulb :bulb:, or the syntax of callout block, in HackMD is :::warning and in Obsidian is >[!warning] for example.

I wondered if there is such a plug-in that can make Obsidian render more types of syntax, which will make the notes in HackMD be flawlessly written and edited offline. Or, a format converter that can convert all Obsidian-unsupported syntax of HackMD into Obsidian’s type.

1 Like

This would be huge. One downside of Obsidian is collaboration, and HackMD is the best Markdown collaboration tool I know for getting Google Docs like experience with Markdown.

There is a VS Code extension that I used, and it works pretty well. I imagine the step from that extension to an Obsidian extension shouldn’t much differ. But I have not created an Obsidian extension yet.

I also saw that someone started with the Obsidian Plugin two years ago on GitHub: GitHub - nulltea/obsidian-hackmd: 🚀 Publish your Obsidian notes to HackMD!.