Config to ignore/hide select files and folders

Yes, urgently!

I’m parsing .md files before pushing out to git. I’m therefore having a duplicate of each file. Obsidian hence insists on fully qualified links. I’ve tried chflags hidden but obsidian choses to ignore it.

Thanks!

1 Like

+1 It’d be really useful

1 Like

+1 too. Thank you for your consideration.

1 Like

+1. Would be very useful to ignore specific folders within a vault, specially during operations like searching and moving file to other folder.

Thanks.

1 Like

+1
I need this feature too.

1 Like

I like to add .obsidian to my development project’s folder, making them a Vault, but it would be nice, if I could keep some stuff out of view in the GUI and not have them getting processed by Obsidian.

This wouldn’t really help my issue with the templates folder going into the Vault’s root, however, since I want to hide that from the project’s root folder, not from Obsidian. If you also would like the templates folder to go from the Vault’s root into .obsidian, please show your support at Place ‘templates’ folder in ‘.obsidian’ but expose to UI. Thanks.

1 Like

This is a great feature request. I would also add the option to select whether one can still search & embed notes/images/other data from the hidden folders. Also through a right-click menu, something like Keep this folder searchable.

2 Likes

As hidden asset folders are not supported currently I went with a workaround. I posted this in a similar thread: Show / hide file types to be shown in file explorer - #17 by cmprmsd

2 Likes

I would like this for sure. But there is also the situation where you might want a folder to not be indexed by Obsidian. I have a few reference library folders that I never add to or change but often have to wait while Obsidian heats up for a minute or two when I boot the vault up. Sorry if this is unrelated. Maybe I should do a feature request.

Thanks.

1 Like

+1 for this. Meanwhile I got used to the file tree plugin which has an option to add to “excluded folders”.

2 Likes

+1. It would be really useful

1 Like

+1 for this, it would be most useful.

1 Like

+1 for this feature, would realy prove convenient

1 Like

Another vote for this.

1 Like

+1, would be useful to hide Attachments, Templates and Databases (used for DataView data) folders.
I feel it would be convenient to toggle whether or not these hidden folders should still be accessible via Open File (cmd+O)

1 Like

+1 I would also be able to toggle folders to be hidden from indexing.

1 Like

+INF this is extremely needed so that I can exclude some folders from the tree view as it is annoying

1 Like

+1, it would solve Allow plugins to add links between notes · Issue #33 · obsidianmd/obsidian-api · GitHub

1 Like

+1, great feature request ! Has this been acknowledged yet, after 4,9k views, 2 years and 75 upvotes ? Thanks !

1 Like

Yet another +1 for this. Vault is getting too big with all other external documents included in it, and search is basically unusable at this point. This is becoming quite mission-critical XD . Being able to exclude certain folders/control the scopes is key to be able to continue scaling effectively with ever-growing vaults

5 Likes