I want to create a database where I can track my projects, consultants, outcome/files, tasks, status, next steps (for incomplete projects) and invoices (for completed projects), satisfaction surveys (for completed projects), consultant based notes/remarks for every project. Furthermore I want to quickly assess which consultant is suited for which project based on their skillsets, competency and experience.
Sounds like a combination of ClickUp and Obsidian might do the trick for you :). It will require some time to learn and set things up though. And, it’s not text-based only. (If I come up with a text-based only version, I will let you know. But for now, maybe this post will still be interesting for you)
ClickUp can handle all of these:
- calendar for each project
- multiple steps
- reports/exporting done tasks for example
- handle/track invoices
- next steps/milestones
- surveys (each answer of the survey is transformed in a task)
- many functions : dropbox, google drive, onedrive integration, handles pdf, images, docs, various comments and custom fields on tasks; has gantt charts and timelines, and many many more features. You can also comment on each task/project, mention someone from your team, see which tasks are assigned to them, etc
Use Obsidian to track
- Broad overview of projects
- Your knowledge about each of your employees and their skillsets
- a history of the projects they worked on (but this is easy to generate from ClickUp I think).
It’s a similar set up I am thinking of for my projects, as I learned about Obsidian recently, and have been using ClickUp for more than two years. Like Obsidian, I sticked to them because they are the most innovative team/project management app, full featured, and they keep improving and adding features add an incredible speed. You can customize ClickUp however you want. They also have a few tutorials and detailled use cases.