Collapsible Markdown links

I noticed a really interesting update to a Markdown package in Sublime Text (possibly SublimeText-Markdown/MarkdownEditing: Powerful Markdown package for Sublime Text with better syntax understanding and good color schemes.) that has a nice way to collapse Markdown links:

Capture_2021-09-26 at 13.39.11

Use case or problem

This is more of a visual tweak to help make Markdown links a bit more readable.

Proposed solution

I don’t know how readily this could be implemented. It would be a nice enhancement though.

Related feature requests (optional)

I’m not aware of similar requests.

1 Like

Try the Wikilinks to MDLinks plugin.

Thanks for the suggestion. That’s not what I’m aiming for. I’m thinking more about the external, Markdown-formatted links that I have in my notes to other sites. Where I have a few links, it can look a bit cluttered.

It’s not a huge issue, I just like this update in the Sublime Text package, and thought I’d mention it here.

/** ______ 2.3.3 Shortened Url Links -- https://forum.obsidian.md/t/hide-or-truncate-urls-in-editor-using-css/359/3 */
div:not(.CodeMirror-activeline)
  > .CodeMirror-line
  .cm-string.cm-url:not(.cm-formatting) {
  font-size: 0;
}
div:not(.CodeMirror-activeline)
  > .CodeMirror-line
  .cm-string.cm-url:not(.cm-formatting)::after {
  content: "🔗";
  font-size: 1rem;
}
4 Likes

Excellent snippet @tallguyjenks – does the job better than the Footlinks plugin because it applies to any kind of URL, not just HTTP/HTTPS.

I use a pancake symbol instead of the link symbol, but doesn’t matter really.

Perfect, thank you @tallguyjenks :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.