Cmd-Click inconsistent between Live Preview and Source Mode

Cmd-Clicking in Live Preview mode used to open the note in the current pane. Cmd-Shift-Click would open in a new pane. However, now this behaviour seems lost. Cmd-Clicking opens in a new pane, and Cmd-Shift-Click doesn’t work, period. This is deeply confusing and inconsistent with Source Mode, and feels like a regression bug.

Steps to reproduce

A. Cmd-Click an internal link in Live Preview mode.
B. Cmd-Shift-Click an internal link in Live Preview mode.

Expected result

A. Note opens in current pane.
B. Note opens in new pane.

Actual result

A. Note opens in new pane.
B. Nothing happens.

Environment

macOS

SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v0.13.33
	Installer version: v0.12.12
	Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.1.0: Wed Oct 13 17:33:23 PDT 2021; root:xnu-8019.41.5~1/RELEASE_X86_64 21.1.0
	Login status: logged in
	Catalyst license: none
	Insider build toggle: off
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: light
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 1
	Safe mode: on

Hello

1. The change is detailed here
  2. The installer you are using needs to be updated to v0.13.30 or higher
  3. Downloads

Angel

Thanks for the info!

Does that leave any way for me to click into a note while I’m editing the line the link is on?

This is often the case when I’m editing long paragraphs with multiple links to notes. I don’t want to have to click into a different line, then click the note, then click back into the paragraph, things jump again, and find my place.

click-and-drag, right-click, and in 0.14.1+ ctrl/cmd-alt-click.

1 Like

I found out there’s also Hotkeys you can set for “Follow link under cursor.” Opt-Enter opens the link my cursor is currently in, and Opt-Shift-Enter opens it in a new pane. Pleasing!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.