Clutter free edit mode

Could you elaborate? I am looking for a solution to hide the # character in Preview Mode.

This thread was looking to do the same thing, but no clear solution was ever proposed.

@Conchobar the # is never displayed in Preview mode, which is now called Reading mode.

So, I assume you are referring to Live Preview mode. Are you sure the # is displayed in LP? Are you in LP mode?

If you are, and the # is displayed, try this:

.cm-formatting-header {
    display: none;
}
1 Like

Ah, I see the disconnect, my mistake. No, I use primarily ā€œSource modeā€ and ā€œReading modeā€ and am trying to eliminate the ā€˜#ā€™ from displaying in #tags in Reading mode.

I have searched far and wide in the forums and tried many different things but can find no solutions. Iā€™d even settle for removing the ā€˜#ā€™ character altogether from Reading mode but could not figure out how to accomplish that myself.

I tried this code, but it doesnā€™t seem to work anymore. Is there any actual way to remove brackets from links and other elements in edit mode?

You could also ask in the #appearance channel on Discord, where there are a number of very knowledgeable gurus.