Clicking on a live preview editing window not always gives it focus

Steps to reproduce

• Create a note with an image.
  • Cmd+Opt+Click (OSX) on the image (in Live Edit / Preview mode) to open it on the right side.
  • Normal click on the image on the left side one more time so that its markdown code is selected.
  • Click on the right window containing the image and press the keyboard shortcut to rename the current file (for me it’s Cmd+T)

Expected result

I get asked to rename the image file.

Actual result

I get asked to rename the note containing the image on the left side.

See attached video which shows that the focus doesn’t seem to go to the right window when the image’s markdown code is selected on the left side.

Screen Recording 2022-09-07 at 12.21.59.mov.zip (2.7 MB)

Environment

• Operating system: OSX
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.16.2
    Installer version: v0.15.6
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.6.0: Wed Aug 10 14:25:27 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.141.5~2/RELEASE_X86_64 21.6.0
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: insider
    Insider build toggle: on
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: light
    Community theme: Minimal
    Snippets enabled: 1
    Restricted mode: off
    Plugins installed: 11
    Plugins enabled: 10
    1: Advanced Tables v0.17.3
    2: Calendar v1.5.10
    3: Find unlinked files and unresolved links v1.5.2
    4: Hotkeys++ v0.2.7
    5: Obsidian Git v1.27.1
    6: Minimal Theme Settings v5.3.2
    7: Style Settings v0.4.10
    8: Electron Window Tweaker v1.0.8
    9: Recent Files v1.3.3
    10: Image Caption v0.0.13

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Custom theme and snippets: for cosmetic issues, please first try updating your theme and disabling your snippets. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community theme and snippets.
Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

Additional information

Why I need to do this: I’m renaming image files based on the description I’ve entered (I’m using a community plugin called Image Caption, which isn’t causing this issue.)

Why it’s a problem: it’s caused my to accidentally rename notes several times.

I can’t reproduce post a screen recording of this happening in the sandbox vault.

I apologize @WhiteNoise, I can’t reproduce it on the sandbox vault either, it seems to be caused by either a plugin or my theme.

I will use the sandbox vault before filing future reports.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.