Clicking a link on a pinned tab should open a new tab ON THE RIGHT PANE (if available)

Use case or problem

I use both the left pane and the right pane in Obsidian (in addition to the sidebar).

The left pane is the main reading pane, and when I encounter any links, it is useful to view it on the right pane as opposed to opening a new tab on the same pane (which brings the reader away from the main document).

This way, the reader can keep reading the main document on the left pane, while perusing whatever links on the right pane as needed.

Proposed solution

The current v1.3.3 implementation is an improvement over the previous UI. However, this can be further refined:

Option 1:

1. If right pane exists, open any link on a pinned tab on a new tab on the right pane.
  2. If no right pane exists, behavior remains unchanged, i.e. open a new tab on the current pane.

OPTION 2:

1. Let the user decide whether to use the above priorities or not in a feature setting.

Current workaround (optional)

Currently I have to OPTION-CMD-click a link on the left pane to open a new tab on the right pane.

Related feature requests (optional)