Cleaner PDF Export

Hi Guys,

I write meeting reports and documentations for internal use at work and sometimes a colleague needs it so I send it as an pdf export.
Whats ugly is the fact that I have no control where the linebreaks will be, that makes the pdf ugly to read often.
I cant find a fitting plugin that, maybe, shows the linebreaks in the document before I export.
Please, is there something out there?
MFG,
Orniton

Markdown (and Obsidian) doesn’t have a concept of pages, so you need to get a bit creative. If you want to stay in Obsidian, you can put this anywhere in a note to force a page break:

<div style="break-after: page;"></div>

or a @media print CSS snippet to force page breaks, for example, before h1 and h2 headings (the alignment and font sections are optional):

@media print {
    h1, h2 { 
        text-align: center;
        font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif !important;
        page-break-before: always;  
    }
} 

Outside of Obsidian, some Markdown apps give you a visual representation of your pages before PDF export. You can get an idea of of what it will look like and adjust things if necessary. Pandoc is also an option; there are a few Obsidian plugins that interact with it, but that may be overkill for what you want to do (and the setup is not for the faint of heart).

1 Like

Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.