Chrome clipper extension

Just awesome. Thanks for listening, and for the quick turnaround!
Definitely works as I’d like it to now.

Just so you’re aware, the extension does throw an error, but it does not affect use in any way I can see, at least not in the small amount of testing I’ve done.

Again - thanks a ton!

Thanks! Yeah the error is due to the fact I’m trying to get it to work with Firefox as wel… But both stores rejected the plugin due to the fact it’s using a obsidian:// url… I might as well remove it for now. Anyway, thanks! :smiley:

Thanks for your work. It’s awesome!

But there is a little problem for me.

Since I’ve changed my daily note format from YYYY-MM-DD to YYYY.MM.DD ddd, I want to adjust the {date} of clipping format to adapt to it. But it doesn’t seem to work.

Now I have to type [[YYYY.MM.DD ddd]] manually. Hoping it could be automatically done soon. :smile:

Hey @AlanLee! Thanks! The date formatting is set right now, but I can foresee more people having issues with this, so I’ll put it on the feature list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @AlanLee just to update you on the issue, but I’ve just released Release You can format {date} and {datetime} · jplattel/obsidian-clipper · GitHub this should allow you to template the {date} and {datetime} placeholders!

Hey! I have a problem with plugin. For some webpages it doesn’t do anything. New tab in browser appears, but then nothing gets created in obsidian and ctrl-v pastes nothing.

For this webpage it doesn’t work: shorturl.at/hmzZ0 while for example for wikipedia it works great.

Thanks for the great work!

It clips the selected text! The short-url doesn’t seem to work anymore, so I’m unable to check out what’s going wrong on that specific page you tried to link, sorry about that!

this is brilliant. totally essential to what i’ve been trying to set obsidian up for (evernote replacement)

some right click menu functionality would be great in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right click menu something I’m looking at in the short future! :slight_smile:

1 Like

JP, Great tool, thanks for your hard work.
I also use Brave for a browser. It is a derivative of Chrome and usually runs the same extensions. But as you can guess it doesn’t run your extension. It runs the test but just jumps to the last open tap when trying to clip on any other tab.
When you get some time maybe you could look at it.
Thanks,
JohnK