Expected result

Text is typed normally

Actual result

Some input is skipped, or appears but disappears milliseconds later

Environment

Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS

Obsidian v.0.10.7

Additional information

Originally reported here: Characters occasionally removed while typing in vim mode

User TonyZambrano has the same issue in Kubuntu

5 Likes

can you post a screen capture? where are these files stored, a network drive?

what is your installer version? do you have a sync service working in background like dropbox or similar?

Also seeing this behavior in v0.10.7, installer version v0.8.14. On Windows 10.

Notes are stored in in a synced OneDrive folder, but behavior persists when syncing is suspended.

GIF shows keyboard input and resulting text in the two side by side editors - a ‘q’ was dropped on the 7th repetition of ‘qwe’ in this example.

Thanks for this bug report, I experienced the same issue but thought it was my computer.

I use Obsidian v0.10.7 with installer version 0.8.0 on Windows 7 64-bit.

I don’t use an external sync service like Dropbox but do use Obsidian Sync.

I’ll try to make a Gif recording later but it’s the same as Malloc shows. :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you download and install a newer version of Obsidian from the website and see if it helps?

Can you download and install a newer version of Obsidian from the website and see if it helps?

Installed from the v0.10.7 installer (so both app/installer version match), no difference. Not sure if there is a link to a newer version somewhere (I’m not an insider).

it’s okay, we can reproduce the problem

1 Like

I’ve got the same problem on Windows 10 with v0.10.8 even after i updated the application. I don’t have any third party plugins, spellcheck and vim mode are both deactivated.

I don’t use an external sync service like Dropbox but do use Obsidian Sync.

I have this problem and I use Obsidian Git for synchronizing. However, the issue persists even if sync is deactivated.

we have a fix in 0.10.12

5 Likes