Catalog of CSS?

What I’m trying to do

A long time ago, I was experimenting with Obsidian and had constructed some custom CSS to increase the space between paragraphs. Then I went back to Ulysses, as I had work to do and Obsidian had a number of little things that I didn’t have time to debug myself but that were keeping me from having a p[elasant writing experience.

As of 1.0 I gave it another look, and between features added and some excellent new plugins, I gave it another try, and I’m much happier. But I dug up my custom CSS and it no longer does what I want. Here it is:

/* 
 * Via https://forum.obsidian.md/t/simple-css-changes-to-body-text/16077/7?u=chasrmartin
 */
.CodeMirror pre.CodeMirror-line {
  line-height: 1.4; /*height of a was 1.4*/
  padding-top: 6px; /*the lower part of height of b*/
  /* padding-bottom: 6px;the upper part of height of b*/
  padding-bottom: 0;
}
p {
  line-height: 1.4; /* change this value accordingly */
  display: block;
  padding-top: 6px; /* change this value accordingly */
  padding-bottom: 1rem; /* change this value accordingly */
  margin-block-start: 0em;
  margin-block-end: 0em;
  margin-inline-start: 0px;
  margin-inline-end: 0px;
}

Is there such a thing as documentation on the CSS used? Do I have to crawl through developer tools again?

If you’re using version 1.0.0+, then you could try looking at the main stylesheet of the app. It’s been overhauled to make customisation easier.

Inspector → sources tab→ download app.css. The variables are fairly well-organised and labelled.

Not what you want but a couple of general references:

https://forum.obsidian.md/t/1-0-theme-migration-guide/42537

Here is your snippet, updated:

.cm-line {
  line-height: 1.4; 
  padding-bottom: 6px;
}

^ that is based on your original request - “to change body text in the editor and put a little space after each paragraph.”

(the p tag still affects text in reading mode)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.