Canvas 'send to back' feature for overlapping cards and notes with web-pages and other media

I feel like it would be extremely useful to allow modules to overlap and have the option to ‘send to back’ if some canvas cards were overlapping

I’m currently using canvas to overlook my dissertation and think it would be pretty neat to connect arrows on my cards to interconnecting cards, but unfortunately these arrows aren’t visible right now because my cards are currently within the margins of the word file document that I’m using

I’m not sure how much behind the scenes work would have to be made to add this to the canvas functionality, but I would be interested in hearing anything about this or if it happens to already be available

In my current format, being able to use this feature would allow me to organise the paragraph layout of my dissertation quickly without having to organise or upset the current layout of the mother document.

It makes me think of how much extra utility a feature like this could provide

I feel like it would be extremely useful to allow modules to overlap and have the option to ‘send to back’ if some canvas cards or notes were overlapping

I’m currently using canvas to overlook my dissertation and think it would be pretty neat to connect arrows on my cards to interconnecting cards, but unfortunately these arrows aren’t visible right now because my cards are currently within the margins of the word file document that I’m using. Discord attachments added as an example of what I’m using canvas for and help to visualise how I wish I could use it. Thanks.

3 Likes

Yep - agree. Have looked through the forum extensively and can’t believe that this simple ‘order’ function hasn’t been flagged as an important feature request. I like to have small diagrams in the corner overlapping the notes they relate to - but sadly every time I go back into the canvas they seem to have randomly reorganised themselves with many now behind the note in question…

1 Like